Are you busy prepping some yummy food for an Australia Day celebration?
These no-bake lamington balls are so super easy, delicious, and very affordable for you to add to your dessert choices for Australia Day.
Makes: 35 balls
Prep time: 15 mins
460g pre-made, unfilled vanilla sponge cake (you can purchase from Coles or Woolworths)
½ cup vanilla frosting (purchase in the baking aisle of your local supermarket)
250g dark chocolate melts
1 cup desiccated coconut
- Break the cake up into pieces, and blitz in a food processor until it becomes fine crumbs.
- Add in the frosting to the crumb cake mix and mix through until thoroughly combined (it should stick together).
- Using your hands, roll a table spoon of the mixture into a ball, and continue until all the mixture is rolled.
- Place some baking paper on a biscuit tray, and place the balls onto the baking paper.
- Put in the freezer for 1.5 hours.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl in the microwave – initially for 20 seconds, then mix, and continue in lots of 20 seconds until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Add the coconut to a deep container, so you have enough in there to cover the balls and roll them.
- Once the balls are set, dip each on in the chocolate, then into the coconut to cover. Place the balls back on the tray, and put in the fridge until you’re ready to serve them.
So simple and delicious! Comment back and let us know how you went?