Things to do this August in and around the Hawkesbury & Penrith areas.
WHAT’S ON THIS MONTH:
– The Farm @ Lynwood Country Club (Pitt Town Bottoms). Every Sunday 11.30am-3.30pm. Bring the kids along to see and pat the farm animals, play on the fantastic playground, and enjoy a wonderful meal with a view.
– Webers Circus @ Penrith Paceway. 25th July-4th August – various shows. “A touch of the wild west’ is the theme.
– 34th NSW All Day Holden Show @ Hawkesbury Showground. 3rd-4th August. Come see Australia’s largest display of Holden vehicles, plus activities for the whole family. Adults $5 entry. Kids under 15 free.
– Horses Market @ Australiana Pioneer Village. Sunday 4th August. Live horse shows, demonstration riding, horses and donkeys to see, Pony Rides, Horse and Cart Rides.
– Spot the dog live show @ Penrith. 8th-10th August. Come and watch your favourite book character Spot the dog visit his dad on the farm. Puppetry, songs & puzzles for kids.
– My Kids Market Penrith – Sunday 11th August. New and upcycled kids and baby good, all in one massive market!
– Science in the Wild – Dinosaurs vs. Superpowers @ Mt. Annan Botanic Gardens. Sunday 11st August. Dress up as your favourite superhero for this free event.
– Cherry Blossom Festival @ Auburn Botanic Gardens. 23rd August.
– Penrith Show – 24-25th August. Ridesm stunt shows, animals – this is the place to be! Don’t miss this fantastic event.
– Model Park Open Day @ Luddenham – Sunday 25th August. 9am-4pm. Come see model cars, planes & boats race round, with a minature train, model trains and slot car track in action. BBQ & picnic areas available on site. $15 entry per car.
– Beauty & the Beast screening @ Blacktown Drive In. Saturday 31st August.
– Tregear Festival – Saturday 31st August. Market stalls, stage performers, rides, fun for the whole family. Free entry.
Hawkesbury Central Library:
“Rhyme Time” for 18mths-3 years, every Monday 10.00-10.45am (except school holidays) . Rhymes, songs & craft. Siblings welcome.
Pre-school Story Time for 3-5 years, every Tuesday 11am-12pm (except school holidays). Themed stories, rhymes & craft.
Richmond Central Library:
Pre-school Story Time for 3-5 years, every Thursday 11am-12pm (except school holidays). Themed stories, rhymes & craft.
Story Time for pre-schoolers, runs throughout the school term. Wednesdays 10.30-11.30am.