Things to do this July in and around the Hawkesbury & Penrith areas.
– School Holidays – 6th-22nd July
– The Farm @ Lynwood Country Club (Pitt Town Bottoms). Every Sunday 11.30am-3.30pm. Bring the kids along to see and pat the farm animals, play on the fantastic playground, and enjoy a wonderful meal with a view.
– “Rhyme Time” for 18mths-3 years @ Hawkesbury Central Library (Windsor) – Every Monday 10-10.45am (except school holidays) . Rhymes, songs & craft. Siblings welcome.
– Pre-school Story Time for 3-5 years @ Hawkesbury Central Library (Windsor) – Every Tuesday 11am-12pm (except school holidays). Themed stories, rhymes & craft.
– Pre-school Story Time for 3-5 years @ Richmond Central Library – Every Thursday 11am-12pm (except school holidays). Themed stories, rhymes & craft.
– Webers Circus @ Hawkesbury Showground & Penrith Paceway. 14th June-4th August – various shows. “A touch of the wild west’ is the theme.
– Winterfest Medieval Fair @ Hawkesbury Showground. 6th & 7th July, 10am-5pm. Escape for the weekend to see some history and a world of fantasy! Adults $24, Children $10. Children under 5 years – free.
– Little Bang Discovery Club @ Penrith City Library. Mondays & Fridays in the school holidays (8/12/15/19th July, 10.30-11.30am. Suitable for 3-5 year olds. $30 per child which includes 4 sessions over the 2 week period. Adults can participate with children. Read more here.
– Stories in the Stars Planetarium @ Penrith City Library. For children aged 5-13 years old. Tuesday 9th July. $12 per child. Read more here.
– The Amazing Magic Craig Show (with Magic Craig) – Wed 10th July 10.30-11.30am @ Penrith City Library – Peter Goodfellow Theaterette. Great for the whole family. Tickets $7pp (children under 2years – free).
– Movie @ Windor Library – “Diana & Me” (1997). Thursday 11th July, 10am & 6pm.
– Scenic World Makers Market @ Katoomba. Sat 13th July, 10am-4pm. 20 stalls from local artisans, live music, entertaiment, face painting. Free.
– Christmas in July at Illawarra Light Railway Museum @ Albion Park. Sunday 14th July, 10am-3pm. Steam train rides, food stalls, Santa’s Karaoke & visit the museum.
– Norwest Winter Festival – 14th July. Come and see the park opposite the Lake on Solent Circuit completely transform into a Winter Wonderland!
– Puppet Pandemonium @ Penrith City Library – Peter Goodfellow Theaterette. A great show and tell puppet show! Wed 17th July, 10.30am-11.20am. Tickets $7pp (children under 2years – free).
– Bollywood Dancing for kids @ Penrith City Library. For children aged 5-13 years old. Thursday 18th July. $12 per child. Read more here.
– Hawkesbury Fest @ Windsor. Sunday 21st July, 10am-3pm. Local Government Week Family Event with free rides, free face painting, entertainment, BBQ & food trucks, activities for the kids, market stalls and free giveaways.
– Historical Festival & Open Day @ Emu Plains. Sunday 21st July, 9am-3pm. Celebrate local early colonial history with activities for young and old. Pony rides, kids rides, re-enactments from early colony life, live music & food stalls.
– Model Park Open Day @ Luddenham – Sunday 28th July. 9am-4pm. Come see model cars, planes & boats race round, with a minature train, model trains and slot car track in action. BBQ & picnic areas available on site. $15 entry per car.
– PARKRUNS – East Richmond Parkrun (Every Saturday), Nepean River Parkrun (Every Saturday), Penrith Lakes Parkrun (Every Saturday)